EQUINE NUTRITION EDUCATION
Full length course, guest lecture topics, videos and articles!
Want to learn more from an unbiased source? Here's how...
- Full length equine nutrition course
- Monthly guest lectures (free to OCEN Community Members)
- Guest lecture library (available to OCEN Community Members ONLY)
- Case study library (available to OCEN Community Members ONLY)
- Free weekly articles
- Low Carb Horse Hay Videos
- (NEW) Free Mule Monday Q&A
STOP GUESSING & START GLOATING
"How to Choose the Right Feeds and Supplements for Your Horse"
If you're feeling overwhelmed by the quantity of equine nutrition products and opinions out there then this course is for you! In five lectures Natalie teaches equestrians how to better balance equine diets without lengthy math problems or spending a fortune. Invest NOW in your feeding future!
Register for one or more live events by clicking Learn More below. Registrants automatically receive the recording. OCEN Community Members get FREE access to all live guest lectures and recordings!
Upcoming Educational Events
- "How Much Foo in FOO FOO Dust?" by Dr. Randel Raub, Director of Research and Nutrition for the Kent Nutrition GroupWed, Jun 01Live Webinar and RecordingJun 01, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM MDTLive Webinar and RecordingDr. Randel Raub, a veteran of the private and public equine nutrition sectors, has a fun and engaging presentation about the safety and efficacy of the feed and supplement products that you pay so much for each month! This is a KNOWLEDGE IS POWER presentation!
- Multiple DatesMon, Jun 06Lectures + Worksheets Via EmailJun 06, 7:00 PM MDT – Jul 03, 7:00 PM MDTLectures + Worksheets Via EmailIf you're feeling overwhelmed by the quantity of equine nutrition products and opinions out there then this course is for you! In five lectures Natalie teaches equestrians how to better balance horse diets without lengthy math problems or spending a fortune. Invest NOW in your feeding future!
- "Taming the Supplement Craze: Red Flags, Green Flags, & Questions You Should Ask" with Bill Bookout, President of NASCWed, May 11Live & Recorded WebinarMay 11, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM MDTLive & Recorded WebinarHow can you be certain that the supplements you feed actually work? How are we protected as consumers and equestrians from the many ways in which supplements can be unsafe? Learn more from the President of the only third party regulator doing this work for your horses. Knowledge is power!
Past Events- Must Purchase a Membership to Access Recordings
- Membership OfferThu, Apr 14Zoom Webinar
- Membership OfferWed, Mar 09Zoom Webinar
- Membership OfferWed, Feb 09Zoom WebinarFeb 09, 5:00 PM – 6:15 PM MSTZoom WebinarWhat does it mean to feed horses "naturally"? Some horses continue to be fed as “nature-intended” with 24/7 access to fresh pasture and room to roam, but what about the rest? Learn from a long time equine nutritionist and researcher what "Natural" means to her and the science behind it.
- Membership OfferWed, Jan 12Zoom WebinarJan 12, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PMZoom Webinar"No Hoof, No Horse", right? So, the old saying goes, and this could not be more true today. Many equine lamenesses originate in the hoof, so it's an important structure to know and understand. Learn about the anatomy and how to prevent lameness with Dr. Karen Blake of Bend Equine!
- Membership Offer"How to Choose the Right Feeds & Supplements for Your Horse" *A Full Length, Mind-Bending Nutrition CourseMon, Jan 10Live Recordings + Worksheets Via EmailJan 10, 6:00 PM – Feb 08, 10:00 PMLive Recordings + Worksheets Via EmailIf you're feeling overwhelmed by the quantity of equine nutrition products and opinions out there then this course is for you! In five lectures Natalie teaches equestrians how to better balance equine diets without lengthy math problems or spending a fortune. Invest NOW in your feeding future!
- Membership OfferWed, Dec 08Zoom WebinarDec 08, 2021, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PMZoom WebinarHaynets are one of the few tools that horse owners have to manage equine diseases related to obesity and carb sensitivity, but they are often misunderstood and troublesome to implement. Learn HOW best to use haynets and the inherent dangers with Dr. Trinette Jones of Texas A&M!
- Membership OfferThu, Nov 18Zoom WebinarNov 18, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PMZoom WebinarAnatomy, physiology, and types of laminitis from Hannah Galantino-Homer, VMD-PhD and her Galantino-Homer Laminitis Laboratory! How are the causes of laminitis different and how are they the same? How do we study it!?! All proceeds will go to laminitis research at New Bolton Center @ PennVet!
- Membership OfferWed, Nov 03Zoom Webinar
- Membership OfferWed, Jun 16Zoom WebinarJun 16, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMZoom WebinarDr. Carey Williams is a multi-award winning equine extension agent from Rutgers University. Her OCEN presentation in 2020 was so well received, that I've asked her back! This broad-sweeping lecture on equine supplements is a MUST HEAR for anyone feeding more than hay!