Upcoming Educational Events
- Thu, Oct 14Online EventOct 14, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMOnline EventTeff hay, a warm season grass species, has some amazing advantages to horses at risk for laminitis. However, it can be hard to find and inconsistent. Find out if teff is a good fit for you and how to find it in this 1 hour presentation by teff expert, Natalie Sullivan!
- Membership OfferTake the course at your leisure!Live RecordingsTake the course at your leisure!Live RecordingsIf you're feeling overwhelmed by the quantity of nutrition products and opinions out there then this course is for you! In five lectures Natalie teaches equestrians how to better balance equine diets without lengthy math problems or spending a fortune. Invest NOW in your feeding future!
- Membership OfferWed, Jun 16Zoom WebinarJun 16, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMZoom WebinarDr. Carey Williams is a multi-award winning equine extension agent from Rutgers University. Her OCEN presentation in 2020 was so well received, that I've asked her back! This broad-sweeping lecture on equine supplements is a MUST HEAR for anyone feeding more than hay!
- Membership OfferWed, May 12Zoom Webinar
- Membership OfferWed, Apr 14Zoom Webinar
- Membership OfferWed, Mar 10Zoom WebinarMar 10, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMZoom WebinarLearn about managing paddocks to keep horses healthy, mud-free and mentally stimulated. Learn about enrichment opportunities such as track paddocks, slow-feeders, horse toys, plus get ideas for designing a small-scale a trail course. Keep confinement areas interesting for you and your horses!
- Membership Offer"Understanding the Unique Universe That Is Your Horse's Gut" with Dr. Tania Cubitt of Performance Horse NutritionWed, Feb 17Zoom WebinarFeb 17, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMZoom WebinarYour horse's micobiome is unique! How do you nurture it best with forage, feeds and supplements? PhD nutritionist, Dr. Tania Cubitt, will teach us how to safeguard your horse's gut health with solution driven tips in OCEN's spring guest lecture series. This is going to be GOOD!
- Membership OfferWed, Jan 13Zoom Webinar