Wed, Sep 07|
Online Zoom Webinar
"The Equine Immune System & Why it Matters" with Helena Carner, DVM
OCEN's Fall 2022 lecture series is all things IMMUNITY, and we're kicking it off with a bang! Dr. Carner will discuss immune system anatomy, how we manipulate it, interactions with the digestive system, and more! We'll be setting the foundation for an entire season of guest lectures!
Time & Location
Sep 07, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:15 PM MDT
Online Zoom Webinar
About the Event
Topics to Include
- What is the gross anatomy of the equine immune system?
- How does it interact with the digestive, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems?
- What does the immune system look like when it is working well, and what does it look like when it fails?
- What are the red flags to call your vet that tell us that the immune system is compromised?
- How do we manipulate (support or suppress) the immune system with immunosuppressants, immunostimulants, vaccinations, ect?
- How does the horses' environment/location affect their immune response?
- How do we protect our horses against EHV-1?
Dr. Carner and her husband own their own 2 doctor home based practice in Wittmann, AZ. Dr. Carner is a traditionally trained veterinarian with a passion for pushing limits, and always learning more! She graduated from Western University of Health Sciences vet school in 2016. Her open mind and natural curiosity have led her, and her practice to some amazing places along the way! Utilizing traditional Western Medicine she also compliments her therapies and diagnostics with modalities such as ozone therapy, herbal combinations, and electro-equiscope therapy. Her goals in treating her patients lie in understanding the true cause of disease and addressing it at the root of the problem, hopefully without having to apply temporary bandaids over and over again. Although Dr Carner considers herself more of a horse vet, she also maintains a schedule of small livestock, dogs and cats for the local community.
Dr Carner prefers to work in the background and is a full time wife and mom of three, ages 5, 3 and 3 months. Her hobbies include anything she can do with her family! They live on a small farm and have their hands full with their own garden, horses, a pony, a donkey, cattle, chickens, turkeys and of course 2 dogs!
Learn more about Dr. Helena Carner and her veterianry practice at https://legacyvetaz.com/our-team/.
OCEN Community, Veterinary and Farm Plan members get FREE access to all guest lectures.$0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out